Holidays

Well I have been off and returned from my honeymoon to Barcelona, Catalonia. A geat time was had by us both in a super duper plush hotel. Full of Americans, of which I didn't have any problem until realizing that Americans out of every nation make the worst tourists. They seem to want everywhere to be America and act like Americans, as opposed to the vast array of other nationalities embracing the Catalonia way of life and culture for the time they where there.
Americans were always getting ripped off by the tourist traps too. Maybe they just don't like walking too far from the hotel....
Anyhow I lost track of all the Galleries and museums I explored, Gaudi, Picasso, Dali. Art and architecture everywhere you turned. Great food if you followed the locals, 'The Quatre Cats' is the 'must see' restaurant for Food and Art lovers everywhere. Cathedrals were awe inspiring, but did nothing to subdue my latent fear of heights.
Some more traveling soon is a must, I didn't realize what I was missing after all those years of no passport being officially 'stateless'. Oh the fun of it all........
I think the Van Gough museum is next for a visit, Holland in the Autumn........

Popular Posts