To Poi or not to Poi that is the question....


Whoops apocalypse, despite rumours to the contrary I have not been whisked off to the authorities after complaining about free speech I actually have been enjoying some well deserved time out and avoiding ranting to the masses.

Like each and every one of us 'down time' is essential to allow our continued intellect to flourish without distraction. I have maintained my strange compulsion to view the world as my plaything in much the same way as our global leaders though and hence I have a new 'toy'. Unfortunately it's not a small 'un-democratic' country or new 'Star Wars' weapon but one of these crazy hippie ball on string things called 'poi poi' or rather just poi I suppose.

For someone as completely uncoordinated as me it's a bit of a challenge but a very useful aid to improve my dexterity and keep me in some way fitter than the unhealthy specimen I am. It originates from Maori folk down there in New Zealand who used it as a an aid for warriors to train and their good lady folk developed a tribal dance using them. I reckon it's more like some lethal ninja weapon as you can 'with practice' use flaming ones for fun and insurance claims....

I do need to practice though, so far I have nicely trimmed the neighbours hedge with them including his roses, given myself multiple bruises, taken out my own washing line, smashed a small child round the head and almost removed the tail from a local cat all in the space of a few weeks. My one momentous eureka moment was realising that trying poi whilst trampolining doesn't work and was never intended too....

Popular Posts