3.14


It's global Pi day. Pi being 3.14 in it's simplest form but a mindbogglingly large number in reality that has never been determined despite lots of supercomputers having a go at it. It is also Einsteins birthday today who had a passing interest in Pi no doubt. To celebrate this auspicious occasion I have been eating lots of Pie, lots and lots of pie especially blueberry which I am developing an addiction too.....


At approx 3.14pm today I shall share some of my pie in the staffroom by dividing the circumference of my pie by the average diameter of waistlines of members of staff present but only allowing them to eat it if they can give me the value of Pi to at least 6 significant figures otherwise the Pie remains mine!


Ah it's a wonderful life being a silly science type.........

Popular Posts