Techie forums

Some of you may know that I am subscribed to a very good technician forum for school/college lab techs called SCITECH hosted by UCLAN and managed by the lovely Val. I actually met Val a few years ago at some suppliers trade show thing I think but it was her bright idea a few years ago to set up an e-mail forum so techies across the land can pass on advise and generally pick each others brains for help and assistance.

Well the forum has grown and grown and several of the subscribers have taken it a step further and the brill Techknow forum started off from this forum and is an invaluable free site as is the free forum for new and experienced techies alike.

Now just recently a bit of a debate has sprung up regarding a new website 'for technicians, made by technicians' I think the blurb goes and it is a bit of an amalgamation of the two former sites. The big difference is it has a subscription fee annually. Mmm copying is a form of flattery but paying for this new website when people have put a lot of effort and time into providing an invaluable free service, I don't think I'll be using 'preproom.org' or whatever it is, well especially with my lack of pay rise......

Popular Posts