Techie stuff n nonsense


Yet again my busy work at the minute and my easily distracted nature has meant a lack of updating the masses. I will be a bit more frequent given half a chance but as I normally blog from work (time permitting) things here in the busy world of a 6th form FE college have taken over my time, and I get paid here to do a job and being the consummate professional.....


Anyway a few bits of techie stuff to divulge of working in the prep room of life. Firstly I have a new technician colleague. Horah about time too, I was beginning to get a little burnt out and snowed under. Unfortunately new techie isn't terribly experienced of the ways of educational establishments and although she has a good biology background at the mo it's all Chemistry and Physics business. Steep learning curve for her but she's better than the last one who was a bit ' I do Chemistry and nowt else.....'. This sort of caused a few problems, especially her uncanny ability to hide everything in a organisation process only decipherable by an enigma machine or herself!


Unfortunately my pay rise with the boss talk with my new supervisory bit went down like a lead balloon. So typical me, I threw a strop, sulked and stomped feet and refused to supervise and this has resulted in new techie having loads of stand in Line manger/boss types till they sort something. This is quite amusing, especially the 'announcement' of new manger responsibilities meeting we had, 'The does anyone have any comments' bit at the end resulted in me stating that 'some leadership is better than no leadership' to the deputy head, much to all's amusement but possibly a P45 for me in the post....

Popular Posts