Follow the many colored brick road...



It should be said I'm relatively liberal and tolerant of all folks regardless of colour, creed, sexual orientation and belief. Yesterday I encountered on my morning stroll to work that someone had vandalized the road by painting stripes down random parts of it. Imagine my surprise when the vandals turned out to be the local council employed workmen!. Have they got mad at their employer forcing them to work ungodly hours in the morning when the rest of us are asleep painting'No Parking'signs everywhere?. Did they get bored with black and white zebra crossings? Did they have some unused paint to get rid of? Where they helping the street cleaners by painting over the vomit and pigeon poop stains? No it appears that the LGBT community wanted their own zebra crossings...

This article in the local paper made me giggle as it has gone into viral mode with the comments on our new street painting..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/permanent-rainbow-road-opens-nottingham-3096568

In my experience on my daily stroll this new paint job will last about a fortnight before it is covered in tire marks from deliveroo riders and will look a bit shit... Besides which they only painted a few of these down the road when painting the whole fecking road would have actually looked half decent, cheapskates!




Popular Posts