DIY

It is official, I am no longer bored in any shape or form. This may well be due to the dreaded DIY. I am now trying to build a new kitchen. I have removed half of the old kitchen, with second half going into the smallest skip I have ever seen tonight. When I ordered a skip I thought 'Midi' meant a mid range sort of size. What arrived outside my house yesterday is a skip for dolls houses or ompalumpas, I am glad I didn't order the 'mini' skip, it may have been so small our cats would have used it as litter tray!.

Anyhow I now have a front room full of new kitchen bits in brown boxes. This is looking slightly daunting as the bits are in no order and if you are familiar with 'flatpack' furniture likely to have instructions in every language except one I can understand. There is also the distinct possibility that tools will be required other than my obligitory clawhammer.

I also need to get the walls replastered before the new kitchen units are assembled. My plastering is unique in the aspect that it has a textured look to it other than the generally well thought of 'smoother than a babies bottom' look. To this end I need a reliable and cheap plasterer which seems like mission impossible at the minute, if only our Government hadn't made everyone do Degree courses at Universities we might actually have some qualified labourers around....................

Anyway when the new kitchen is fitted I will post some piccies, anticipate Christmas 2007..........

Popular Posts