'Smoking Gum'

I have been trying to give up smoking and have turned into a ratty,grizzly, argumentitive old git who snaps and moans at the slightest indiscretion (reminds me of some of my old teachers). This is distinctly unlike me normally so I am unable to totally quit but have reduced my 'intake' to around 3-4 a day. Hopefully I will gradually ween myself off these things but mornings and evenings are killers.
Patches seem to stong and nicotine gum is quite vile. I need to have some sort of distraction at these times. The good thing is I am beginning to feel a bit ill after a ciggie so my body must be developing a 'we don't like nicotine stance' which is reassuring after all these years.
Hypnotism is an option but scares the hell out of me. I have scary thoughts of the Hypnotherapist secretly hypnotising me to do silly things at the drop of the hat without me knowing. Like shouting hysterically whenever I hear the National Anthem or hopping on one leg whenever I see a dog or something like that!.
Anyway I will try to be down to 1 ciggie a day this time next week.

Popular Posts