Happy Happy Joy Joy




I really cannot remember hangovers being quite so sustained or nausea inducing as the ones I am now experiencing. I think I always had hangovers to some extent but have always been a relatively tame alcohol consumer. I reckon this is to do with trying to maintain at least some degree of sobriety so I don't:

a) Make a complete tit of myself in front of friends and strangers
b) Keep a level head so I can allow my partner/Wife to get completely trollied in relative safety
c) Never felt the need past teenage years to do such things to excess

Now as I have finished with all that counseling stuff, I have realised I only have me, numero uno, number one, myself to care about ultimately it's time to cut loose and go a bit wild on the ales. I don't think this is some sort of drowning my sorrows scenario and I don't think I am in any danger of developing alcoholism more a case of cutting loose and partying a bit because I basically can without question. And bloomin heck it has been fun so far.

I must make mental note to myself that spirits are bad things to consume, they creep up on you without your bodies natural defence mechanics kicking in like they do with beer. Instead of become sleepy and needing to go to the toilet, spirits make you a lively drunk and you consume less liquid in the process so believe you can have more. This is especially the case with drinks mixed with caffeine related mixers. It keeps you too awake to consume more. I should never succumb to 4 pitchers of 'Long Island Iced tea' again, I don't even know what's in it as far as spirits go, in fact I don't think the bar staff had much idea either as they kept referring to menus. I really should have had the alarm bells going off like a klaxon when they said the had run out of lime so would 'throw a few extra shots in to compensate'. Blimey I know the place I was drinking was called the 'social' but are they trying to get everyone plastered!

Anyway drunken antics prevailing I found a new toy, some sort of portable table buzzer that calls over table service so when I had reached the point of my legs no longer functioning to wander the 10 yards or so to the bar. I could hit the buzzer and bingo a nice member of the barstaff would present a fresh pitcher of devil juice to quench my insatiable thirst. Now I have no idea how it works, they put it out as we arrived and it must be somehow linked to the table but is portable so I wander if I took it to the toilets they would go there, or maybe another pub or even my house, what is the range of these things?

unfortunately the rather nice as opposed to nice but not as attractive barmaids remained firmly behind the bar so I had to sort of stumble over to try out my drunken wit and charm. The moral of this is barstaff are there in the nice behind bar area where sober people live and the masses on the other side are the drunken people, the two should never mix end of story. Though they are still very nice. Maybe I should get a job behind the bar, or even run a pub that would be very fun, oh yes.

Anyhow I fully intend to pursue more mad antics untill I can no longer cope with the hangovers, oh and I do have a job to go to so I'll have to tone it down now my 'holiday' as such is over.

Popular Posts