I must wear black today then...




Woke up today to find not one but two of my childhood heroes have died. John Inman of 'Are you being served' sadly passed away and also my first ever comic book hero Captain America is being killed off.

My earliest childhood memories are curled up on a sofa with my grandparents and uncle watching 'Are you being served'. My uncle was a tailor working in the 'CO-OP' department store (when they still had them) and I'm sure he modelled himself of John Inman's character.... He never married so I'm sure there is something a little odd, or he was just wiser than me:)

On top of that Captain America has snuffed it. Blimey the first comics I read as a nipper where him and some other thing 'Little Ritchie or moneybags kid or something'. Shame, always preferred Spiderman tho. Maybe the spirit of America has finally died.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6429425.stm

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=40258&in_page_id=7

Popular Posts