MMO (Or how to while away the hours...)

Some time many moons ago I warned of the perils of MMO games on the Internet. For those as technically savvy as me that means Massively Multiplayer Online and they come in a variety of flavours to suit all tastes.

Now I sort of warned people to be cautious in your use as they are terribly addictive. My introduction of sorts through 'City of Heroes' was sort of fun in not being too serious in it's comic book fun 'pick up, put down' sort of way. Unfortunately there are deadlier varieties lurking on the Internet, ready to take away what little social/family life you had to replace it with hours staring at a flickering screen wondering why you can't find a decent group to join and how come it takes your character ten times longer than anyone else to find what you want. The inaneness of feeling rewarded after spending three hours shopping for a new set of armour........

Anyway after spending most of the weekend on and off submerged in the realms of 'Stormreach' the online 'Dungeons and Dragons' setting I really think these things need government health warnings for people who are totally anal about completing stuff before moving on (i.e. me). This could be why the painting is half finished and the saxophone despite having new reeds is looking sad and underplayed....

Anyway Youtube is a little gem at spoofs and trailers so to give the uninitiated (you sensible lot) a look at what/why they are missing out I've posted a couple below. I think I'm going to start a rehab centre like they have in Holland for withdrawal symptoms from this sort of thing, I can feel myself wanting to hit my co-workers with my +4 vorpal doom sword right now.....




Popular Posts