Black and White


I've been hit with the creative stick again. Following my steady (if somewhat slow..) house renovation project. I have still been left with a few empty walls and the pictures I have just don't seem to suit my environment anymore. Out with the old in with the new and being into my self sufficiency too I'm trying to tick as many boxes as possible with my new creative streak and doing a lot of my own abstract art. I think I've hit on some hidden latent arty gene that has been left unexplored for many years. Drawing inspiration from the conceptual movement and abstract surrealism I have been starting to creative works that are always in black and white.


My reasoning of 'two tone' is I am hanging these in white rooms and therefore they fit but also I've always found black and white art sort of visually striking regardless of the medium or subject. Also as I'm a bit of a writer (though the novel is some way off....) I've been combining creative outlets too on occasionwith the odd word of wisdom/muse daubed in black block capitals on canvas. Looking pretty good too, maybe one day my quotes will be used in the same ways as Benjamin Franklin's or something.... This all came from some inspiration of a random artist that I've totally forgotton but she wrote some cool stuff on canvas too. I'm sure it wasn't that Tracy Emin type but coulda been always been rubbish with names!. Though she did write all the names of her ex's inside a tent which was sorta weird.......

Popular Posts