Best man duties.....


Bummer, I have to be a best man and do best man type duties soon. First duty is supposed to be the 'Stag weekend'. Well this is all seems a bit of a non-starter due to the fact the groom and bride to be want a combined weekend with friends in Amsterdam. General consensus seems to be this sort of defeats the object of your last night of 'freedom' but whatever they want to do is fine by me. What it does mean is that although 'The dam' is pretty easy for getting up to no good on a stag weekend and doesn't take a lot of best man organising, it means 90% of what the groom should do won't happen..... Oh well it's the closest weekend to my birthday and my brother is over too so I'll celebrate something even if it isn't the groom's impending life sentence.




Secondly I have to write a speech as part of all this. Unfortunately my cutting wit and humour has been deemed too harsh by everyone that's looked at my drafts. Not my fault that the groom has far too many stories that could be potentially brought up in front of friends and family to cause maximum embarrassment.... I also quite like the groom's family so don't really want to be disowned by them, does that mean that taking the micky out of the bride is fair game tho?.


Finally I'm supposed to do duties on the day, not 100% sure what these entail but probably reading out cards and sticking presents in a cab and silly stuff like that. Providing cigars at an appropriate moment and perving over any nice single bridesmaids I reckon....






Popular Posts