Burning the candle at both ends


Oh deary been a little while since my last update peeps. Firstly some of my down time has been chasing around for a new phone and then working out how to use it after realising all my old numbers where on my old handset and not the simcard. Unfortunatly my old handset was destined for a landfill somewhere near Glasgow so I had to have a frantic chase around before getting it back.... Anyway now have new phone and stuff so all good.

Secondly I have been exploring the wonderful world of skype and ventrillo and been nattering to all and sundry across the net which has been a bit weirdy but fun anyways. I still can't get to grips with voice activation tho, everything sounds a bit weirdy echoey all the time.

I have also been well and truely burning out so luckily half term looms and a little bit of downtime. Several reasons for this being overwork with coursework time in the college so lots of helping students with thier wonderfully wierd ideas for biology investigations. I have also had a job evaluation benchmark interview and questionaire to do which hopefully will result in all techies from now on being employed having to be as excellent as me, now bring on the payrise!.

I have also being bringing a little bit of 'work home' by mucking about with plants foods, fertilisers and lighting for some little hobby projects. Being all organic hippy now 'worm casts' seem the best 'green' fertiliser out there for your house plants so having a play with that at the minute.

I have also been ploughing through my Christmas book prezzies, all mainly science related and very interesting historical slants on great discoveries and a very good look at peoples views in the 1960's of how the advances in biology would impact on daily life. Amazing how accuratly they predicted things there too....

Anyways, more wierdness and updates as soon as I get a bit of downtime from coursework and preparing vast quantities of yeast, agar and sugar solutions.....

Popular Posts