Rubbish!

Well after a weekend of concocting and consuming strange brews and total Kitchen chemistry chaos I can safely say, yes I am relativly competent at extracting various active ingredients from strange plant life but consumption and effects of said Amazonian plants was highly dubious.

I certainly didn't have any spiritual enlightenment and wasn't ill. I did feel a bit woozy and light headed/sleepy before realising that after several hours it was acting like a stimulant rather than anything else and it took untill about 8 hours passing before I could sleep.

I did edge on the side of caution with quantities but using dried samples rather than fresh I think must make a lot of difference. I also may attempt to keep the samples stewing longer than the 4 hours I did to see if there is anymore sucess.

On the plus side it tasted rank but not complelty horrid. The smell was actually quite aromatic coupled with the the freebie incence I was sent, my house ended up smelling like an arabian smoking parlour.

I may have to carry on the exploration of making herbal smokes too in this age of us all giving up nicotine. I'm sure theses amazonian tribes had alternatives to tobbacco.

Popular Posts