'D'oing 'M'y 'T'est


Well carrying on from my previous post regarding psychotropic amazonian plants a little update.



Firstly I have been a little cowardly/sensible and have yet to consume a brew of potentially dangerous narcotic substances just yet. Several reasons, firstly the package arrived a litle late with the ingredients and the preparation/consumption is a full 24hrs and leaving that aside for recovery time it's a weekend mission. Working life gets in the way of my true scienctific/psychonaut exploration....



Secondly I really wanted to be 100% sure of the extraction method/preperation using the ingredients I have obtained. This was proving a little tricky as there are many 'options'. Basically you are taking a plant containing DMT and another containing an MAOI which will inhibit your bodies enzyme defence to breaking down the DMT in the gut to allow it to enter the bloodstream and have it's effect. Consequently with your bodies 'poison defence' comprimised you need to be very careful of what is in your body before this and some very specific chemicals need to be avoided for some time beforehand. Caffeine is one of these and as a caffeine addict a 48hr downtime from my favourite addiction has caused me endless turmoil. I have resorted to drinking de-caf, so embarrassing for a coffee junkie... This also put timings out a little.



Thirdly although I have had many a moment of illness resulting in grasping on to a toilet chundering I really don't enjoy it like most normal people and so wanted to see how I can minimise 'the purge'. Again this is a bit of a 12-24 hr 'fast' and a case of individual response. I will just have to brace for that one but have found a few ways to make the brew 'taste nicer'.



Finally as all good researchers should I had to look at the forerunners and peers of DMT usage and had a look at many accounts from Terrence Mckenna http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm. A true pioneer of plant/human synergy. Having read accounts and effects I am a bit better informed as to likely hallucengenic outcomes. All seems a little different to other psychotopic plants such as fungi due to the strength of DMT. http://deoxy.org/dmtpro.htm

Popular Posts