Double whammy bang



Well the weekend of loud explosions from dubious Chinese fireworks is now over. I really enjoy Nov 5th and the amazing organized displays put on by local councils and various pubs and things with huge bonfires to boot. I do get a bit narked these days with the constant barrage in our street from the local kids. Yes I know it's fun and I did the same in my youth to some degree but the legal age to buy fireworks is now 21 so where and how are these kids getting hold of them anyway?. I suppose Nov5th falling on a Sunday didn't help with just as many displays and events happening on the Saturday too it was like two Fireworks nights.

At least the sales restriction of when fireworks become available has had an effect so the constant explosions that could be akin to living in Iraq or the Palestine has been reduced to a smaller week or two window rather than about a month so I should be thankful.

This year was the only year I can remember not actually going out of my way to either throw a firework party as I am still a bit of a pyromaniac at heart (comes with the territory of being a science techie I suppose) or attend a display. I could still see and hear all the fun from my bedroom windows but decided on a quiet recharge batteries weekend, as much as is possible these days. I will make up for it next year with a huge display no doubt but it was nice not to have the headstress of 'oh thats dangerous', 'Be careful with that' etc etc. I'm a bloomin techie and despite outward appearances know perfectly well the risks. God I'm the health and safety bod round here and even I'm not being so 'nanny state' like.

Anyway next year I'll put a 1 mile exclusion zone around the house with 20 foot high barriers and everyone will be happy...... Though I may be the only person that gets to see the display.

Popular Posts