Fixit Fairies or maybe good Karma is on the way....



I mentioned a while ago my poorly (actually totally knacked) I-Pod. The one I decided to replace with spangly new model with the intention of trying to self fix my old Pod. Well this is totally bizarre, whilst in the process of tidying and decorating stuff decided to move it somewhere to take to work and my workbench of doom for all things electronic....

Anyway bearing in mind this thing hasn't been touched or moved or charged in weeks and left on to drain completely in an effort to reset it I picked it up to see it was on and a fully functioning menu glimmering back at me. Resisting the urge to fall over in shock I quickly whizzed the mighty click wheel and low and behold all the music is intact and it works fine. It still has a feint rattle internally but what the heck is going on?.

This thing was dead, frazzled, unrecognisable by I-tunes and refusing to go past the sickly I-pod face thing on the display, even the charge icon didn't work and displayed backwards at times. I am now thinking someone up there is having a laugh. I've just blown £200 squids on a new one!
Oh well e-bay for the old one I reckon once I get it back to it's factory settings.
I wonder if I leave my sort of wonky sub woofer in the same place it might fix itself a new capacitor...... Hey I could break the golden rule and bring work home with me and leave out for the fairies to do their bizz. Actually I reckon it's my pet Irish Leprechaun up to his mischief again.....

I didn't win the lottery tho and am very single so need more good Karma Please!

Popular Posts