This is like painting the Forth bridge....



Still painting, I can't really see the light at the end of the tunnel in my decorating plans. Typically once you paint one area everything next to it looks old tatty and dirty and therefore has to be painted too. This deadline I set myself is looking a bit ambitious.


It has been immensely funny though especially painting the staircase. I decided a complete white hall and stairs would be cool but didn't appreciate the difficulty in keeping two cats and an absent minded owner off wet gloss. The crazy limbo dancing up the stairs whilst not touching the floor precariously balanced on the narrow lip of skirting boards was fun as I had left my phone and alarm clock upstairs, as was the falling off rolling down the stairs covering myself in paint whilst the cats broke free from their containment in the top bedrooms and proceeded to run up and down the stairs leaving paw prints on every surface in the house....


Just as well the lounge carpet was to be changed anyway as it is quite paint sploshed. Also the stairs now defiantly need repainting with another coat due to paws and hairs and footprints all over them.


I have discovered mouthwash is ideal in removing paint from cat paws which I think was rather ingenious of me. Next time I'm going to send them away for the day, not sure where but I'm sure I'll think of something.


Carpet would have been a far easier if somewhat more expensive option. Besides I need the money I'm saving to repair the fence and purchase my birthday present to myself that, sexy ebay saxophone I've been drooling over.... I need something to annoy the neighbours with now my stereo speakers are being a bit fragile.

Popular Posts