Painting over the cracks......


Well spent most of the weekend on the new years resolution of redecorating the 'Chris Cave' to neutralise the colour scheme for potential buyers, remove some of the traces of girlyness from my ex to make the place feel mine (as it sort of will be soon once I pay her off....) but in reality it was a bit of therapy and head space to myself whiling away the hours with a sense of purpose.

Unfortunately nothing ever goes to plan so although I was painting a lot of the time I was constantly fiddling with my new I-pod on my stereo changing tunes to paint to and stopping to smoke and drink coffee every half hour whilst admiring my handiwork!.

Anyway after a 'solid' weekend of painting I now have a headache and queasy feeling from the fumes (actually it could be the smokes), a newly decorated stairway and landing except there are bare floorboards and front room. I unfortunately forgot the most important item 'floor paint' doh. I can't exactly chuck down some cheap gloss as it will look pants, I'll slip on it every time I spill anything and it will chip and flake within days. I really think and idiots guide to painting is needed....

I have set myself a deadline for a fortnight to finish the project and have to get the bedroom painted too. I need to have the place de-girly and looking swish so I can actually feel a bit comfortable about inviting single females around, if only.... though it is Feb 14th soon. Oh no I'll have to think about sending a card to that 'someone special'. That sort of means finding someone first and then not feeling a complete tit sending a them a card....
I'll just have to hope that I have a secret admirer somewhere, it would make life so much easier. That is of course unless they are a deranged stalker with an obsession for people covered in paint.......

Oh and I have to get the fence/gate fixed so my garden doesn't look like a war zone. I hope the fixit man who spent 5 min surveying the damage sends a cheap quote! I should have told him I have a divorce and new carpet to pay for as well as vets bills....

I really must have another holiday from all this nonsense soon preferably somewhere cheap.....

Popular Posts