I bet Leonardo never had this problem...



Painting, I'm not a big fan of decorating but in the interests of making my house look like a must have saleable commodity to the young professional couple I am in the process of doing some 'tarting up'.


The issue I have is with brands of paint, now I thought most emulsions were pretty similiar and choose a cheap brand in a neutral shade. Bad mistake trying to paint over deep red borders with cheap emulsion. I will embarking on the third layer of paint tonight to try and finally remove all trace of red and have gone through twice as much paint as anticipated.


I recomend to all amateur decorators do not purchase cheap paint if you need to cover deep colours, instead purchase more expensice one coat paint. It will probably save you money in the long term judging by my experience so far....


Also when you paint stuff you end up painting everything because the old painted areas then look tatty and dirty in comparisson and the job takes ten times longer than planned. This better be worth all the effort....


I really should also learn how to avoid covering myself in paint, I always look as if I have been showering in the stuff by the time I'm finished which results often for days later me looking like I have a bad case of dandruff as paint flecks continue to appear out of nowhere.

Popular Posts