Stormy weather, bring me sunshine, don't bring me rain.



Bloomin stormy super gusty winds all day yesterday across the UK have resulted in me now no longer having a garden fence!. Or gate for that matter....


Lost three panels totally, the gate and posts and the three remaining panels look like swiss cheese so probably beyond repair. All this after blowing up my speakers and trashing my old i-pod what more can go wrong?.


Checked the insurance and surprise surprise yet another thing that isn't covered in it is storm damage to fences and gates..... I am seriously considering saying local kids smashed it up like they did recently to someone nearby's but will probably need an incident report or something... but at least I am covered for vandalism, cars running into it, fires, floods just about everything except a storm!. The rest of the house is covered for storm damage just not the most likely to be damaged bits!


So not only are my finances bleak but they are going to get battered again. I have the joy of an early weekend start while the hopefully nice fencing man surveys the damage and gives me a quote for replacement fence panels and gate. I do sort of like the idea of an open plan garden but it isn't particularly private. He suggested telling the insurance people a car ran into it but as a car couldn't get to my back garden that's a little too far fetched. Arson might be appealing tho as I can hide the fact the fence and gate were rotten to the core and about to topple over anyway....

Actually as the wind was so strong I can't actually find the gate and post that may not work.


I really could do with some good luck soon re balance my karma. I reckon it's going to be the rich, attractive young lady that I am soon to meet who will obviously shower me with gifts and stimulating conversation....Or it could be I win the lottery, tax rebate if nothing else!.

Popular Posts