Bob the builder



Bloomin builders, I have short thrift for anyone arrogant and condescending but with the hangover I have today I am been almost ready to swing for someone. Unfortunately the foreman is built like Mr T and I'm just not built at all....

When someone decides to do a renovation over a week in a college they have to realise students will be back and the place needs to be back to normal. Not an empty room with it's entire contents spread to the four winds across the prep areas I'm supposed to be working in preparing the materials for the classes, or the labs or the corridors. Double whammy, no equipment fot the students or staff.
Informing the staff who use the room of what works are being carried out helps too. Not moaning about full cupboards that need emptying and moving 'that the staff should have done' when we moved the cupboards we thought would need to, not realising the room is being recarpeted. The art of communication that distinguishes me from Neanderthal. Observe how the building foreman has a interdimensional timeflow device that when it takes me a good hour to empty and move three wardrobes I will be able to do it 'in ten minutes mate' come Monday morning.
And if I get called a 'drama queen' by bloody Bob the builder again he's getting a grievance chucked at him faster than it takes me to install four filters in fume cupboards which is what I'm here to do, not be a bl**dy removal man. Oh and I forgot 'we're professionals mate, not some blokes pulled off the street.' Then stop telling me that I need to put a bl**dy sticker on my fume cupboards when I have a shiny computer that alerts me to when the filters need changing. And the only person who sticks stickers anywhere on those things is the manufacturers engineer when he tests it maty.
You even think about mentioning Health and Safety and my blackbelt NEBOSH kit is coming out to play. I'll show you who the professional is around here and I don't have to drive a silver capri and wear a 70's shirt to prove it.

Don't mess with a hungover techie, we bite and barf at the same time. Still must remind myself no more late night bars...... Oh well not every night anyway.

Popular Posts