I really am absent minded...


You know the great fear we have of going a bit senile in our old age and forgetting things all over the place. Didn't think senile dementia kicked in at 33!. I am writing this feeling a complete wally whilst still in the 'zone' I think I must have been for the past few hours.

Now please don't laugh out loud but I've just had my neighbours come around whilst I was upstairs furiously writing and listening to the radio. They came en masse (well three of em Laz, Mandy and the bloke from next to them who looks quite hard especially carrying my old curtain pole that was outside by the bin). You see I somehow left my front door wide open and they had noticed and thought I had passed out or had had a burglarizing incident. I really have no idea how it came to be open and I have been slightly hung over and despite rising in early afternoon from a lovely slumber can't remember opening the door today as I haven't left the house. I'm sure it was shut when I got up and don't think I opened it, proper weird.

It can't have opened itself and had the lock in position but not shut and can't shut locked. Anyway I have been well distracted writing and now I'm proper weirded out. Had to run around to find the cats as well, being non-outdoor cats they would probably have wandered off into the outside world. I really do not want to have to tell the ex I accidentally lost the cats. And besides they are totally ace animals despite the expensive vets bills.

Mental note to self is check the door when you get up after night on the tiles. But I'm sure I shut it.....

Popular Posts