Tell me no lies.



'Tell me no lies', like the title of the John Pilger book I think we all want to live in a lie free world. At present I am going through my new 'honest and open' type. At no point in the past have I really been able to lie anyway, in fact my ex used to joke that I was physically incapable of lying. I think this is probably true, because I hate guilt, being the non confrontational type I would say nothing rather than fib. ' Do I look fat in this new dress dear?' long silent pause 'I'll take that as a yes then, growl' was my sort of lying .

Now the 'be more honest' version of me has a compulsion to tell everybody everything no holds barred, this sort of means the concept of tact goes out the window..... Despite this obvious flaw it has been quite reassuring that people haven't gone completely mad at me yet but it does mean that even trickier situations are probably on the horizon...

But despite all this sort of working out as life has a habit of I really cannot stand gossip, the sort of tit tattle of hearsay, conjecture, rumour and exaggeration. Honesty works above all that though and as the old adage goes 'the truth will out'.

Now when people accuse me of lying, despite my fairly transparent honesty and the fact I've a hundred and one things to worry about other than making rubbish up, maybe they just don't like hearing what I have to say.... Just as well I was brought up a Catholic I feel the need to send people to the confession box....

So honesty will always be the best policy but honesty has no part in the art of diplomacy.... Saying that though it might help if I didn't misread people so much being the instantly trust everyone type. Theres a sucker like me born every minute:)

Popular Posts